Supply chain planning and planning solutions support organizations in planning the full gamut of supply chain activities, including tracking the flow of goods and stock, managing finances, procurement of materials and the final delivery of products. As such they incorporate a range of features and capabilities, including planning, forecasting and stock management, order management and pricing planning, procurement and order management and sourcing.
In today’s global, inter-connected, dynamic, and often unpredictable market environment, ensuring supply chains are resilient is critical. Supply chain planning tools provide organizations with the insights and capabilities required to monitor and manage operational processes, track finances, and implement improvements to improve overall supply chain efficiency.
Key capabilities of supply chain planning solutions include planning, forecasting and stock management, procurement and sourcing, assessment of supply chain risk, and asset management and maintenance. Solutions can encompass a broad range of these capabilities, often suited to different market verticals. Supply chain management solutions will also encompass order management and pricing, with a centralized dashboard to track order fulfilment, manage pricing and streamline the sales process.
There is a broad spectrum of supply chain solutions available on the market today, with each software tailored to cater to specific industries, scales, or challenges. To help organizations identify the right solution for their use cases, we have compiled a list of the top 10 Supply Chain Planning Solutions. This guide breaks down their standout features, adaptability, integration capabilities, and overall value proposition, based on our internal market evaluation.
Supply Chain Planning Solutions: Everything You Need To Know (FAQs)
What Are Supply Chain Planning Solutions?
Supply chain planning solutions enable teams to build a resilient supply chain, with capabilities to track operates and implement improvements. These platforms provide a comprehensive dashboard, with features to track and measure supply chain data. This includes management and monitoring of key operational processes, cost management, procurement management, order and delivery tracking and asset management.
Supply chain planning solutions can be an all-in-one planning and management platform across the supply chain, facilitating better business decision making, improving efficiency, and helping to reduce costs. They should facilitate different roles across the business team to improve planning processes, and optimize the delivery of goods, services, and information from your business to your customers.
What Features Should You Look For In A Supply Chain Planning Solution?
Supply chains and business processes can vary from business-to-business and industry-to-industry. So too will the use cases required from a supply chain planning solution: some organizations will require warehouse management tracking capabilities for example, while others may require more detailed delivery track and stock management capabilities. There are however a number of core features to look for in a supply chain management solution. These include:
- Business planning: Integration capabilities to track revenues, costs, KPIs and customer service objectives.
- Inventory management: Smart inventory management capabilities to optimize stock placement and reduce cost while meeting customer requirements.
- Planning and forecasting: Priority based supply chain planning, with custom insights leveraging smart models and AI.
- Procurement and sourcing: Invoicing capabilities, onboarding processes and analytics to improve procurement and sourcing and streamline supplier management.
- Assess Supply Chain Risk: Advanced analytics and recommendations to assess supply chain risk and suggest improvements.
- Cost Management: Integrated cost analysis to monitor and track finances.
- Order management and pricing: Real-time stock and data, consistent pricing models and delivery tracking to streamline the sales and delivery process.