Network Traffic Monitoring solutions provide network admins with detailed management and monitoring into network traffic, showcasing devices and users connecting to the network, and when. Key features of network traffic monitoring solutions include real-time network monitoring and insights, viewing network users, source and destinations, visibility into DNS performance and analytics for network services.
There are many benefits to collecting and visualizing this data. By monitoring network traffic, tools can identify and alert users to suspicious network activity, which can help to prevent network attacks. They can also be used to measure and improve network performance, and to implement policies and infrastructure to reduce network costs and better meet specific business needs.
In the realm of network management, the spectrum of available solutions is vast. To help you find the right Network Traffic Monitoring solution for your organization, we have compiled a list of the top 10 Network Traffic Monitoring solutions. This list covers standout features, scalability, integration capabilities and user friendliness, based on our internal independent market research.
Network Traffic Monitoring Solutions: Everything You Need To Know (FAQs)
What Are Network Traffic Monitoring Solutions?
Network Traffic Monitoring solutions ensure the smooth and secure operation of enterprise networks. Network Traffic Monitoring tools provide an eagle-eye view into the data traversing networks, allowing teams to detect bottlenecks, monitor bandwidth usage, identify malicious activities, and ensure optimal performance.
What Are The Benefits Of Network Traffic Monitoring?
As organizations increasingly rely on networks to run key operational processes, ensuring networks are running efficiently, securely and quickly is critical. There are several reasons it’s a good idea to implement a network traffic monitoring solution:
- Clear Network Visibility: Network traffic monitoring provides a clear overview into the devices connected to a network, with detailed reporting, tracking and policies to manage network traffic.
- Improved Network Planning: By having a clear way to view and measure network data, admins can help to better plan network infrastructure and upgrades to enhance performance for both internal users and customers.
- Enhanced Network Security: Network traffic monitoring can improve network security, by giving admins enhanced visibility into network traffic and providing alerts on suspicious network activity, so teams can quickly identify and remediate against issues.
- Cost Reduction: Network traffic solutions can reduce network costs by highlighting areas that can be optimized, streamlined or improved to cut down on unnecessary expenditure or improve efficiency in network processes.
- Compliance: Many data protection regulations mandate that organizations take steps to protect data held within the corporate network. A robust network traffic monitoring solution can help maintain secure network processes and prevent network compromise.