Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) software is designed for managing mobile devices, applications, and content across a business or organization. The primary goal of EMM is to enhance productivity, minimize security risks, and maintain compliance. They also enable employees to work flexibly and securely while using mobile devices. EMM tools provide centralized control over various aspects of mobile devices, from enrollment and policy enforcement to data protection and secure access to business resources.
EMM solutions provide key features including policy-based access controls, application distribution and management, location tracking, containerization, and remote wipe capabilities; these are essential for organizations looking to secure and optimize their mobile environments. To extend coverage across your security stack, the best EMM software integrates seamlessly with other enterprise tools such as identity management, directory services, and network security solutions for a more cohesive mobility strategy.
With a diverse range of providers offering EMM solutions, selecting the right fit for your organization can be a difficult task. To help you make an informed decision, we have compiled a list of the top 10 enterprise mobility management software options in the market, with each offering distinct features and benefits. We will consider a combination of in-depth technical analysis, customer reviews, and market reputation to provide an unbiased comparison.
Everything You Need To Know About Enterprise Mobility Management Software (FAQs)
What Is Enterprise Mobility Management Software?
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) software is a type of software designed to help organizations to manage and secure the mobile devices (like smartphones and tablets) that employees use to perform their roles. These sets of tools and technologies are designed to effectively manage and safely secure mobile devices, applications, and data within an organization.
Enterprise mobility management software is a valuable tool for organizations to implement as it provides a centralized platform that can provide support for IT administrators looking to manage and secure their mobile ecosystems. Organizations making use of these solutions benefit from a more consistent and secure user experience while allowing employees to leverage mobile technology and enjoy the enhanced flexibility and productivity this provides.
Why Should You Use Enterprise Mobility Management Software?
Most modern organizations are reliant on some degree of mobility to facilitate remote workers and hybrid workforces. Implementing a robust enterprise mobility strategy is something every organization should be considering.
Organization should use enterprise mobility management software to address certain challenges they are facing due to the increase in the number of mobile devices in the workplace. There are many reasons why organizations should consider implementing an enterprise mobility management software solution, but some of the most persuasive reasons include:
- Better security and compliance. These solutions are great for effectively enforcing security policies on mobile devices to make sure devices have strong protection against threats, as well as providing mechanisms for securing all corporate data on mobile devices. With policy enforcement, also organizations can maintain a consistent and secure environment across the organization.
- Enhanced productivity. A good enterprise mobility management solution facilitates easier remote access to corporate resources. This allows employees to carry out their roles from any location. Due to the improved work/life balance remote working offers, organizations often see a boost in productivity when teams have the option to work remotely. This flexibility also makes it easier to work together with other mobile devices users by providing secure messaging, file sharing, and real-time collaboration.
- Diverse device and application management. Enterprise mobility software offers a centralized platform for IT administrators to manage a diverse array of mobile devices and applications, including providing things like policy enforcement, configurations management, and device provisioning. These solutions also provide automation for more streamlined workflows, as well as tools for monitoring and reporting to inform auditing and decision making.
What Features Should You Look For In Enterprise Mobility Management Software?
Some key components of a good enterprise mobility management software solutions include the following:
- Mobile Device Management (MDM). This focuses on the management and control of mobile device with capabilities such as device provisioning, remote device monitoring, and configuration management. It is a useful feature for ensuring that any devices in use are able to adhere to important security policies and are properly configured for corporate use.
- Mobile Application Management (MAM). This feature deals with the managing and securing of mobile applications by giving organizations a way to easily control the deployments, updating, and access permissions of business-related applications on mobile devices. This would include things like app distribution, app wrapping, and containerization to keep work and personal applications separate and secured.
- Mobile Content Management. This refers to the securing and managing of access to corporate data stored on these mobile devices and includes capabilities like document sharing, synchronization, and encryptions of sensitive business information. This helps to facilitate safe accessing and sharing of data, both on the actual devices and through cloud services.
- Mobile Identify Management. Managing user identities is very important, as this allows for more secure access of corporate resources from the mobile device’s employees are using. This managing of identities is achieved by using things like single sign-on, multifactor authentications, and identify federations.
- Security Management. Security is also an important issue to consider whenever considering implementing a new solution. Enterprise mobility management software provides security tools to protect the mobile devices and the data they handle. This is achieved through using security measures like firewalls, antivirus, encryption, and remote device wipe in the event of loss of theft.
- Policy Enforcement. These solutions will often provide users with a way to define and enforce policies that relate the mobile device usage, application access, and data security, as well as allow those policies to be easily configure for better compliance with industry regulations and corporate security standards.
- Monitoring and Reporting. Enterprise mobility monitoring software will provide capabilities for monitoring and reporting to provide users with actionable insights into device usage, compliance status, security incidents, and any other relevant metrics. Having this information makes it easier to organizations to ensure their decision making is well informed and to properly assess the effectiveness of their mobility management strategy.