Cloud Workload Protection (CWP) platforms protect cloud environments against potential threats, ensure compliance regulations are met, and optimize performance. Cloud Workload Protection solutions can provide many key features for different use cases, including real-time cloud workload monitoring, threat detection, reporting and more.
In today’s digital-first landscape, many organizations are moving critical business operations to the cloud, which can have considerable productivity and time-saving benefits. But there are security risks, which cloud workload protection platforms can help to alleviate. These tools provide holistic protection for cloud environments, ensuring that applications, databases, and more are protected.
Key features of cloud workload protection solutions include holistic protection from cloud workloads, real-time threat detection, reporting and auditing, performance optimizations, and enhanced visibility and control. Cloud environments are constantly shifting and evolving within organizations, so the best solutions will be scalable, configurable, and highly secure for teams of all sizes. The CWP market is competitive, with a number of strong solutions each boasting its unique set of features and capabilities. To help your organization find the right cloud workload protection solution we have curated a list of the top 10 Cloud Workload Protection platforms. This guide offers a deep dive into their core functionalities, scalability, integration prospects, and overall reliability, drawing from our independent market research.
Cloud Workload Protection (CWP) Platforms: Everything You Need To Know (FAQs)
What Are Cloud Workload Protection Solutions?
Cloud Workload Protection solutions protect cloud workloads against a range of threats, including unauthorized access, malicious applications, suspicious user activity, intrusion attempts, malware, and ransomware.
There are a number of benefits for organizations implementing cloud workload protection. They improve visibility and control across cloud applications. They help to improve security for cloud users and reduce the risk of data breach and can therefore help organizations to maintain compliance with data protection regulations.
What Features Should You Look For In A Cloud Workload Protection Solution?
In a world where many organizations rely on cloud services to operate effectively, ensuring cloud workloads are secure is paramount. The specific features your organization requires will vary; but there are a number of key features all cloud workload protection solutions should provide. These include:
- Intrusion detection: Threat detection and response, behavioral monitoring, and intrusion detection.
- Alerting: Admins should be able to configure customized alerts to detect vulnerabilities from across the cloud workload environment.
- Cloud visibility: Admins should have wide visibility across cloud workload environments, and the ability to configure policies to manage workloads and reduce cloud risks.
- Log management and monitoring: The platform should provide a single consolidated view across the cloud environment, with centralized reporting and monitoring.
- Vulnerability management: The best solutions will provide proactive risk management, highlighting malicious applications, accounts, code, and permissions that could lead to security breach.
- Threat Intelligence: Many leading cloud workload protection solutions leverage threat intelligence across their network, alerting admins to potential risks that have been identified in other organizations.
- Integrations: The solution should integrate data with your existing security systems to consolidate alerts, logging, and reporting.