Position: Content Writer (Information Security, Cybersecurity)
Location: Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: Permanent Employment
Expert Insights delivers industry-leading cybersecurity advice, guides and independent product reviews for a global, B2B audience. Founded in 2018, Expert Insights is a start-up company on a mission to help organizations around the world make the right business IT decisions with confidence.
We’ve taken a content-led approach to help over 50,000 monthly readers, who come to us as a trusted and objective source of cybersecurity information. We cover an expanding range of areas including email security, web security, endpoint protection and identity management.
Expert Insights is looking for content writers based in the UK to join our fast-growing content team, covering a range of business IT technology areas. Successful candidates will develop, maintain and grow a library of content, including long-form guides, blog articles, buyers’ guides, and more. You must be able to translate sometimes complex topics into engaging articles that provide objective contextual information for our audience.
To excel in this role you must be creative, with a passion for writing great content. You will become an integral part of our content team, developing and learning your content writing and search optimization skills to help us reach people looking to research business IT trends and solutions. You don’t have to be a technology or security expert, but you must be able to speak to experts, understand what they’re saying and clearly articulate it—so we can provide the best possible insights for our readers.
Please include two examples of your past work in your application. These can be pieces of work from a past role, examples of work from university, or any other content you believe is relevant.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Writing engaging, high-quality stories in a mixture of formats, including blog posts, long-form articles, buyers’ guides, and more
- Collaborating with editors and other writers, and editing colleagues’ work when needed
- Meticulously researching the IT technology industries to stay up to date with trends and write engaging, informative content
- Writing in our consistent brand style to create objective, informative pieces of content
- Collaborating with internal (sales, technical) and external (vendors, industry experts) partners to produce well-researched and accurate content
- Collaborating with vendors to create content that meets our editorial standards and their brand guidelines
- Using and understanding SEO tools to research and develop new content ideas
- Updating and monitoring published content to ensure content is current and performing well in search results
You Are Someone Who Is:
- An excellent writer and proof-reader, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for creativity
- A strong communicator who can write objective stories for a global audience
- Excellent at research, resourceful, and self-directed, who can both work on assigned projects and generate content ideas
- Enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude and the ability to bring ideas to the table
- Able to speak to industry experts and reach out to people for help when needed
- Interested or experienced in writing about IT or cybersecurity solutions
- Knowledgeable about basic SEO practices
- A strong team player, who can edit work and comfortable with having their work edited
The ideal candidates will hold a degree in a related field such as journalism or literature, or have other demonstrable relevant experience. Graduate and entry-level applications are welcomed.
To apply for this role, please send your CV, a covering letter and some relevant examples of your work to email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.