Position: Content Writer (Information Security, Cybersecurity)
Location: Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: Permanent Employment
Expert Insights delivers industry-leading cybersecurity advice, guides and independent product reviews for a global, B2B audience. Founded in 2018, Expert Insights is a start-up company on a mission to help organizations around the world make the right cybersecurity decisions with confidence.
We’ve taken a content-led approach to help over 48,000 monthly readers, who come to us as a trusted and objective source of cybersecurity information. We cover an expanding range of areas including email security, web security, endpoint protection and identity management.
Expert Insights is looking for content writers based in the UK to join our fast-growing content team, covering a range of cybersecurity areas. Successful candidates will develop, maintain and grow a library of content, including long-form guides, blog articles, buyers guides and more. You must be able to translate sometimes complex topics into engaging articles, that provide objective context information for our audience.
To excel in this role you must be creative, with a passion for writing great content. You will become an integral part of our content team, developing and learning your content writing and search optimisation skills to help us reach people looking to research cybersecurity trends and solutions. You don’t have to be a cybersecurity expert, but you must be able to speak to experts, understand what they’re saying and clearly articulate it – so we can provide the best possible insights for our readers.
Please include links to two examples of your past work in your application. This can be pieces of work from a past role, examples of work from university, or any other content you believe is relevant.
Your key responsibilities:
- Writing engaging, high-quality stories in a mixture of formats, including blog posts, long-form articles, buyers guides and more
- Collaborate well with editors and other writers, and helping with editing colleagues’ work when needed
- Meticulously researching the cybersecurity industry to stay up to date with trends and write engaging, informative content
- Writing in our consistent brand style to create objective, informative pieces of content
- Collaborating with internal (sales, technical) and external (vendors, industry experts) partners to produce well researched and accurate content
- Collaborating with vendors to create content that meets our editorial standards and their brand guidelines
- Using and understanding SEO tools to research and develop new content ideas
- Updating and monitoring published content to ensure content is up to date and performing well in search results
You are someone who is:
- An excellent writer and proof-reader, with an eye for detail and a passion for creativity
- A strong communicator who can write objective stories for a global audience
- Excellent at research, resourceful and self-directed, who can both work on assigned projects and generate content ideas
- Enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude and the ability to bring ideas to the table
- Able to speak to industry experts and reach out to people for help when needed
- Interested or experienced in writing about IT or cybersecurity solutions
- Knowledgeable about basic SEO practices
- A strong team player, who is able to edit work and comfortable having their work edited
The ideal candidates will hold a degree in a related field such as journalism or literature or have other demonstrable relevant experience. Graduate and entry-level applications are welcomed.
To apply for this role, please send your CV, a covering letter and some relevant examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.